CAPA PAC is excited to announce our endorsements for 2020 BOE election. Our endorsed candidates are: Christina Delmont-Small in District 1, Sezin Palmer in District 4, and Dr. Yun Lu in district 5. The endorsement statements for these 3 candidates are posted on our website.
CAPA PAC selected these candidates based on information collected from candidates’responses to our Questionnaire and their responses to questions posed at candidate forums as well as a variety of other credible sources. Our endorsement criteria for BOE candidate include
- The candidate advocates for core values shared by Asian Americans including, but not limited to, diversity and inclusion, strong families and communities, responsible government, education excellence, and individual responsibility.
- The candidate is committed to improving education for every student, and valuing evidence based and data driven decision making over ideology.
- The candidate possesses intellectual curiosity, as well as willingness and ability to learn multiple aspects of HCPSS operations and priorities. A candidate’s knowledge of HCPSS operations would be a plus.
- The candidate has a track record of community service, including advocacy/service within HCPSS.
- The candidate has demonstrated ability and temperament to work collaboratively with others, and has the potential to establish a cordial working relationship with other board members as well as officials in other government agencies, e.g., county and state government.
CAPA PAC is committed to help Ms. Delmont-Small, Ms. Palmer and Dr. Lu to be successfully elected to Howard County Board of Ed.